LOT-X-O Module 1 - Legality, Security & Synthetic Identities
LOT-X-O Module 1
1. We need a Lawful Basis for the authority to start an investigation.
2. An OSINT investigation process should have a documented Lawful Basis. When should the documentation be prepared?
a) Before processing begins
b) At any time, it doesn't matter when
c) During the reporting process
d) At the end of the investigation process
e) When the report is finished
3. To process personal data of a subject without their consent, the practitioner might rely on a lawful basis that is:
a) The Right to Investigate Fraud
b) Legitimate Interest
c) The Basics of Legitimate Rights
d) The Right of Basic Interest
e) Interested Party Authority
4. It is necessary for every OSINT practitioner to be an expert on privacy legislation so that all aspects of investigation processing are lawful.
5. Before commencing an III (OSINT) process, it is best practice to:
a) Ensure that you’re working from a non attributable computer
b) Activate a VPN or Mobile Proxy connection
c) Activate an Agent Switcher
d) Ensure the Browser is up-to-date
e) All of the above
6. With regard to Passwords, an III (OSINT) practitioner should:
a) Let a trusted person have your password in case you forget it
b) Use the same password for everything
c) Choose a long word from the dictionary
d) Use a password generator
e) Use a memorable password
7. For an III (OSINT) practitioner, it is preferable for an effective Synthetic Identity to have:
a) an e-mail address that can be accessed by the practitioner
b) a name
c) a date of birth
d) a photograph
e) all of the above
8. An III (OSINT) practitioner cannot ever use a Synthetic Identity that might have the name of a real world person?
9. When deploying your Synthetic Identity, you want it to be noticed in the group. Therefore it is best to create a Synthetic Identity that will standout in the online crowd.
10. To make a secure record of the investigation process, it is essential to make a video screen recording of the investigation.